Here’s some common instances that happen the first weeks of public school that work against our children with special needs:
- All the teachers and staff who work with our child are unaware the child has an IEP or 504 plan.
- Student wasn’t offered to preview the facility or learn the layout of the building prior to the doors opening for the year.
- Staff doesn’t know how to work with behaviors related to our child’s disability.
- Bus drivers/helpers interpret behaviors as worthy of suspension from bus.
- School staff doesn’t report to parent the four items (above).
Don’t be bamboozled by the school! Visit our website to set a phone consult; theiepcenter.com
Advocates at the IEP Center™ help parents with these civil rights’ concerns in public schools.
Special Education Parent’s Advocacy Link LLC are not attorneys, do not give advice, and do not represent anyone. Consult an attorney.